We will not have regular public hours 2/12/20 – 2/22/20 due to unexpected staffing issues.
If you want to visit the museum during this time, please call or email to setup an appointment, and we will do our best to accommodate. Apologies for the inconvenience.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Museum’s Public Hours
- (Beginning 2/26/20) Wednesday – Friday: 10:30am – 6pm
- (Beginning 2/26/20) Saturday: 12pm – 4pm
- Adults: $7.00
- Seniors: $6.00
- Children & Students: $5.00
- Children under age of 5: Free
- Second Saturdays (free): 2nd Saturday of every month, free museum admission and a free children’s art activity
- Discounts: $1 off for AAA, AAM, AARP, NTHP, and service personnel
- Please contact us about special arrangements for group tours
The museum’s public spaces are very accessible, and there is an accessible parking lot on the grounds. A portion of the exhibitions are up a few steps, but there is a wheelchair ramp off of the accessible lot that leads to a back door. Please contact us by phone or email if you have further questions.
From Interstate 64: Take the 22nd Street Exit. Turn right onto Portland Avenue. Portland Museum is located less than two blocks west, on the left side of the street.
From Main Street: Take 21st Street North until it becomes 22nd Street. Continue to intersection with Portland Avenue, turn left. Portland Museum is located one block West, on the left side of the street.
By Bus: Click HERE for TARC’s website.
Free street parking is available (Portland Ave and Lytle St), and there is a parking lot on the south side of Lytle Street (behind the museum). Accessible parking is available on the museum grounds (north side of Lytle Street). Both lots can be reached from Portland Avenue by driving through the museum’s shared-driveway (when the gates are open) or by taking a left at 24th Street from Portland Avenue and then a left at Lytle Street.